Pinterest's 15 Top Rated Interiors with Decorator Rugs
You may have recently heard of Pinterest and wondered what it is. Pinterest is a hot new social network that grew 429% from September to December 2011 and now is ahead of big names such as LinkedIn, YouTube and Google+. CNN ran a glowing story on Pinterest today and this will send many more first time visitors to it.
Pinterest is fast becoming the most important source of inspiration for interior designers and decorator rugs.
Members "Pin" images of interiors on "Boards" organized under different categories. Visitors to Pinterest view boards and vote for images by clicking "like". They can also select images for re-pinning to their own boards. Each time an image is re-pinned it carries the name of the original board from which it was copied, thereby giving it credit. A re-pin is the highest compliment an image can get.
Pinterest offers a unique insight into which decorator rugs and interior styles are most popular.
Pinterest provides a unique insight into the changing tastes in interiors and decorator rugs. By looking at which interiors and decorator rugs get a high number of likes and re-pins, you can get a quick sense of what are the most popular styles, looks and colors among Pinterest members.
In the past the editors of Veranda, Architectural Digest and Elle Decor told us what was fashionable. But did these editors really know this or were they following each other? No wonder so many magazines started to look the same.
Pinterest offers a wider range of decorator rugs and interior styles than the top magazines.
Pinterest 3.3 million members look at thousands of magazines, websites and blogs and tell us which decorating styles, colors and decorator rugs appeal to them the most. I have found a wider range of interiors and decorator rugs on Pinterest than in any of the magazines I subscribe to.
Here are 15 of the post popular interiors with decorator rugs from Pinterest. I would love to know if your taste in decorator rugs and interiors mesh with those of 3.3 million Pinterest members:
1. Turquoise walls and sofa with vibrant yellows, red and pink on a sisal rug.Kathy Hackman Hutchison via Amber Stuart
16 likes, 2 Comments, 102 re-pins
2. Vibrantly colored Op-Art, contemporary furniture on a blue and white contemporary rug. Justina Blakeney via I'm Revolting
140 likes 249 repins
3. A bohemian style bedroom with a round canopy bed on decorator rugs. Kelly McCartin
58 likes 2026 repins
4. Green and white zig zag pattern geometric rug supports vibrantly colorful fabrics in a finished basement. Kathy Hackman Hutchison via Vicki Horton
12 likes 42 repins
5. This living room is both colorful and soothing because the largest surfaces are in soft colors- white, gray, beige, aqua and the blue and beige of the decorator rug. The vibrant colors are all in the pillows. Kathy Hackman Hutchison via Crystena onto White with a Pop of Bright
4 likes 47 repins
6. Large expanses of white with pops of color in the violet decorator rug and upholstered chair. Kathy Hackman Hutchison via Yulia Sisoeva onto White with a Pop of Bright
11 likes 37 repins
7. The walls and ceiling are again white, but now the vibrant colors are in larger surfaces such as the decorator rug, red tables and sofa fabric. Kathy Hackman Hutchison via Kim Van Dyke onto White with a Pop of Bright
12 likes 66 repins
8. Here the white and vibrant colors are both on large surfaces-the white is on the walls, ceiling and sofa and the violet is in the geometric rug on a dark wood floor. Kathy Hackman Hutchison via Ana Ferreira onto White with a Pop of Bright
9 likes 53 repins
9. In this room there is wonderful balance of large areas of white as in the decorator rug, walls and ceiling with large areas of vibrant colors on the upholstery and the deocrator rug motifs. Kathy Hackman Hutchison via Jami Goldsmith onto White with a Pop of Bright.
4 likes 37 repins
10. The neutrals are white and the dark wood tone of the floor and the panelling. The vibrant colors are again used in large areas such as the blue geometric rug and the aqua chair. Kathy Hackman Hutchison via Vicki Horton onto White with a Pop of Bright
5 likes 55 repins
11. The black and white calligraphy decorator rug is the statement piece in this living room. The walls and sofa are in safe white and the pops of color are from the pillows and the throw. Kathy Hackman Hutchison via Bonnie Dugan onto White with a Pop of Bright
3 likes 20 repins
12. The color and high energy pattern of the blue and white geometric rug is balanced by the calming shape of the white sofa and the dark walls. Orange pillows add warmth. Rachel Wiles onto Living Rooms
3 likes 44 repins
13. Many sophisticated interiors with soft colors get few likes and re-pins, this one is an exception. The bold damask pattern of the decorator rug could be the explanation. Kathy Myers onto Interiors that A-M-A-Z-E me
8 likes 48 repins
14. The very high number of re-pins is probably due to the invigorating nature, fireplace and seating area. The golden yellow walls and ceiling and the traditional decorator rug create an inviting warmth. Kathy Myers onto Interiors that A-M-A-Z-E me
12 likes 123 repins
15. This living room has magnificent views of nature all around it. The furniture and the plaid decorator rug are in warm muted tones. The only pop of color is from the sunflowers and the green saplings just outdoors. Kathy Myers onto Interiors that A-M-A-Z-E me
8 likes 58 repins
Here are some examples of floral and geometric decorative rugs:
The Margate Needlepoint Rug is handmade from an original painting inspired by an antique French Aubusson Rug.
The Bombay CG Needlepoint Rug in cream and soft green is made with hand spun wool yarns which has natural shade variations and a linen like texture.