AD's 10 Best Living Rooms with Decorative Rugs in Grey, Black, Taupe
Here are my picks for Architectural Digest's 10 best decorative rugs in living rooms with a grey, black and taupe color scheme. Make sure you look at #10 which is a visionary 1970's living room by Parish Hadley that anticipates todays fashions in decorative rugs and grey, black and taupe color schemes.
1. Kelly Wearstler's black and white decorative rug holds together numerous dazzling patterns in this stunning pied-à-terre. Numerous large, medium and small scale patterns are quietened by a common color palette of black, gray and white. Lustrous silks and velvets are juxtaposed against the matte surface of the decorative rug. Image courtesy Architectural Digest.
2. Charles Allem's decorative rug in silver and taupe has a swirling silk damask pattern that brings dynamic energy to this lavish Manhattan penthouse. The barrel-vaulted ceiling is covered in silver leaf. Image courtesy Architectural Digest
3. Diane von furstenberg's black and white decorative rug holds together many colorful patterns, paintings and photographs. The dining table does double duty as a desk. Image courtesy Architectural Digest.
4. Pierre Yovanovitch's grey decorative rug has a high and low texture that gives a feeling of deep cushioned comfort to this Paris apartment. Image courtesy Architectural Digest.
5. Thomas Pheasant chose a decorative rug with a quiet geometric pattern in shades of grey to balance the large square patterns of the screens in this high ceilinged Las Vegas living room. Image courtesy Architectural Digest.
6. Suzanne Rheinstein's decorative rug shimmers in the light from the floor to ceiling French windows in this Northern California living room. The rug's swirling pattern in tonal greys holds the square and rounded shapes of the chairs and sofa. Image courtesy Architectural Digest.
7. Karin Blake chose a decorative rug with a dense floral pattern in gray and black to anchor contemporay furniture and a portfolio of 10 photographs by Edward Ruscha in this Los Angeles residence. Image courtesy Architectural Digest.
8. Martin Kemp chose a decorative rug in a geometric pattern in tonal greys to anchor contemporay furniture and a silk floral hand painted wall covering in a Holland Park, London living room. Image courtesy Architectural Digest.
9. Martyn Lawrence-Bullard designed this private seating area for Cher in neutral shades of white, grey and black on a zebra rug. Image courtesy Architectural Digest.
10. Parish Hadley anticipated today's fashionable decorative rugs with this zig zag patterned painted floor and African fabrics in taupe, brown, black and white. Image courtesy Architectural Digest.
To see more interiors with grey rugs, please see these blog posts: