10 Chic Florida Interiors with Decorative Rugs in Blue, Yellow, Green
Here are some of the most magnificent Florida interiors with beautiful decorative rugs designed by the finest interior designers from Palm Beach to Winter Park. There is no other region on earth where the scale of homes is as grand and the passion for interior design so intense. These interiors show how talented designers enhance the beauty of seaside homes with well chosen decorative rugs in blue, yellow and green.
1. Marc-Michaels Interior Design and Mark Timothy Luxury Homes designed an 11,185 square foot spec home in Delray Beach, Florida with stunning ocean views from every room. Image courtesy Florida Design Magazine.
When the current owners saw the house, they felt it had been designed for them and bought it. The Gradella needlepoint rug in the living room is based on an original painting by Asmara artist Elizabeth Moisan. The needlepoint rug contains blue, yellow, gold, green, brown, white and coral - all the colors that were needed to create a balanced color palette for the room.
1A. Marc-Michaels Interior Design and Mark Timothy Luxury Homes. The large size Gradella needlepoint rug has a lyrical floral pattern inspired by an antique silk embroidery panel. The blue, yellow and green fabrics in the room resonate with the colors in the needlepoint rug. Image courtesy Florida Design Magazine.
2. Phyllis Taylor created a masterful color composition in sea blue, chartreuse and yellow warmed up by dark wood tones. The white walls and ceiling and the beige geometric rug provide a neutral canvas for showcasing the color play. Image courtesy Florida Design Magazine.
2A. Phyllis Taylor. The simmple geometric border and field pattern of the decorative rug resonates with the legs of the wood frame chair. Image courtesy Florida Design Magazine.
3. Marc-Michaels Interior Design and Mark Timothy Luxury Homes. For this spectacular Florida living room with ocean views on two sides, the Designer chose the Medici Savonnerie rug which has hundreds of subtle shades of green from blue green to yellow green complemented by a cream sectional sofa with sea blue, apple green and coral pillows. Image courtesy Mark Timothy Inc.
4. Angela Gutekunst Interiors composed the colors palette of this cheerful living room from the colors in the Verain Savonnerie rug which has yellow, coral, red, green and blue. Image courtesy Angela Gutekunst Interiors.
5. Scott-Snyder. A blue and white decorative rug with a geometric pattern derived from 17th century Mughal architecture adorns this living room in a Palm Beach Penthouse. Image courtesy Scott Snyder Interior Design and Architecture.
5A. Scott-Snyder. The Penthouse living room extends to the dining area with magnificent views of Palm Beach. The blue and white geometric rug has a classic Greek key border that harmonizes beautifully with the fretwork pattern of the field. Image courtesy Scott Snyder Interior Design and Architecture.
6. Thomas Britt chose a striped decorative rug for the living room of this Palm Beach apartment. A closer view of the antique Dhurrie rug shows that it in addition to the dark blue and medium blue stripes there is also an orange colored stripe. The warm orange balances the cool indigo blue and also creates a subtle harmony with the Tuscan yellow of the armoire and drapery as well as the coral chair seats and pillows. Image courtesy Architectural Digest.
6A. Thomas Britt. The dining room is an extension of the living room of this Palm Beach apartment. This part of the antique Dhurrie rug has wider oranges tripes alongside the blue stripes which are then picked up by the coral chair seats and the coral tones in the modern painting. Image courtesy Architectural Digest.
7. Aman & Carson designed this art filled living room for the Palm Beach home of Emily Fisher Landau. The cool white and grey colors of the decorative rug are balanced by the warm reds in the Alexander Calder sculpture and in Willem de Kooning’s Untitled XV, as well as the yellow drapery and the leopard print fabric on the neoclassical stools. Image courtesy Architectural Digest.
Buy This Rug!
8. Marc-Michaels Interior Design and Mark Timothy's excel at devising grand living rooms with ocean views on two sides as in this South Florida oceanside mansion. The geometric pattern on the ceiling is balanced by taupe and blue floral Savonnerie Rug by Asmara. In addition to blue, the decorative rug also has coral, brown and white which are picked up by the blue, coral and gold silk pillows. View the Savonnerie Rug. Image courtesy Mark Timothy Inc.
9. Allan Reyes. created this poetically beautiful seating area in the living room of his own West Palm Beach home. I love the artful color composition. The cool blue, purple and greens are balanced by tan, beige and yellow. Image courtesy Architectural Digest.
10. Jeffrey Strasser of Marc-Michaels Interior Design and Architect Benjamin Schreier created this grand master bedroom and seating area in yellows, golds and cream. The blue of the ocean balances the vast amounts of yellow and gold. An Aubusson rug defines the seating area. Image courtesy Florida Design Magazine.