How to Create Glamour with Mid Century Modern Rugs-10 Chic Rooms
The 10 stunning interiors in today's post reveal how leading interior designers create glamour with mid century modern rugs. The custom mid century modern rugs in these interiors produce drama by their shimmering silk textures or their asymmetrical curved shape, imaginative border treatments and evocative patterns. Today's post combined with yesterday's Mid Century Modern Geometric Rugs: 10 Chic Rooms, Decorating Tips provides you the largest collection of the best ideas for decorating with mid century modern rugs.
1. The organic pattern of the custom gold and black mid century modern rug brings energy and glamour to the den in the Beverly Hills home of Architect Daniel Romualdez. The white sofa pops against the black-brown wall. The cane shaped legs of the sofa and coffee table resonate with the pattern of the rug. The rounded shape of the sofa and organic pattern of the rug are balanced by the angular contours of the lamp shade. Image courtesy Architectural Digest.
2. The dark wood floor dramatizes the wool and silk texture of the custom yellow, grey, taupe and cream mid-century modern rug. The yellow pillows pop of the pale green sofa. The rounded contours of the sofa and mid century chairs balance the angular lines of the book cases in this living room by Redmond Aldrich Design. Image courtesy California Home and Design Magazine.
3. The asymmetric curved contours of the custom blue silk mid century modern rug resonates with the many curved shapes in the furniture and accessories in the living room of a a super modern triplex on High Line Park designed by Milly de Cabrol. The dark wood floor brings out the beauty of the blue silk rug and also echoes the black photo mural on the white wall. Image courtesy Milly de Cabrol.
4. A custom pearl white silk rug provides a luxurious backdrop for the the curved white sectional chair and the pair of green mid century modern chairs. The glamorous gold sunburst mirror pops against the dark brown stone wall and its color resonates with the gold pillows. The angular shape of the room balances all the curved pieces. Celebrity interior designer Brad Dunning has made the 1960s swing again in this living room in photographer Steven Meisel's Midcentury House in Beverly Hills. Image courtesy Architectural Digest.
5. The custom mid century modern rug has random squares in silver, grey, and white which resonate with the white stone wall on the right and the sandy beach beyond the two open sides of this spectacular living room designed by Craig Schultz. Almost all the elements are angular, except the round dining table in the rear and the curved seat of the mid century modern chair. Image courtesy California Home and Design Magazine.
6. Interior designer Mica Ertegun chose a custom golden beige silk rug to provide a glamorous setting for showcasing the modern art collection of a Manhattan Art Dealer. The silk rug provides a golden frame for the panoramic nature view from the glass wall and balances the orange, blue, purple and greens in the painting. Image courtesy Architectural Digest.
6A. Another view of Mica Ertegun's design of the Manhattan living room of an Art Dealer. The round stool balances the angular elements in the room. The shimmering silk texture of the rug contrasts with the matte finish of the white sofa fabric. Image courtesy Architectural Digest.
7. The soft weathered texture of the white custom rug diffuses the light reflecting from the white walls and sloping ceiling . The black sofa and chair legs pop against the soft white rug. The squared shapes of the sofa, chairs and bench are balanced by the curves of the recamier from where the garden views can be enjoyed. This living room was designed by interior designer Eddie Lee. Image courtesy Lonny Magazine.
8. Elle Decor A-List designer Lee Mindel of Shelton, Mindel & Assoc chose a custom white Irish rug to dramatize the blue and orange mid century modern furniture in the living room of Winsome Brown and Claude Arpels’s Manhattan loft. The two seating areas are defined by two white Irish rugs that appear to have yellow band borders on two sides. The yellow rug borders help tie in the orange, yellow, blue and green furniture and accessories. The predominantly square shapes are balanced by the curved shapes of the orange and red colored accessories. Image courtesy Elle Decor.
9. A yellow and white custom mid century modern rug with over scale yellow leaves dramatizes the curvaceous white sheepskin chairs and provides a soft contrast to the dark wood desk in this chic work space by Tamara Kaye-Honey. The fretwork pattern of the blue screen resonates with the pattern on the white cabinet. Image courtesy House of Honey.
10. A tonal white cut and loop silk rug holds a beige silk velvet sofa and provides textural contrast with the matte fabrics on the white and beige chairs in the mid century modern living room of Bruce Glickman and Wilson Henley's Litchfield Connecticut house. The gold painted legs of the coffee table resonate with the linear grooves in the silk rug. Image courtesy Elle Decor.