Why does one room gets pinned 25,000 times and another 5 times? Perhaps these 7 living rooms with designer rugs from the pages of House Beautiful magazine each of which has been pinned many thousands of times will give us some clues.
In July and August we desire restful sleep in bedrooms that let in cool breezes and the fragrances from the garden. The 14 bedrooms in today's post have all these qualities plus incredible style. There is a lot of blue and white in all the interiors except the one in Hawaii, where the cresting ocean waves surrounding the bedroom provide wide expanses of blue and white.
Jacques Saint Dizier,
Michael S. Smith,
Sun rooms should welcome and relax you and your guests and promote a pleasant social atmosphere for smiles and lively conversation. But sun rooms can be a challenge when decorating because it is easy to over emphasize the sun and make the room less inviting in the summer. A sunroom with too many warm colors can feel hot in summer and decorators plan for this by using a mix of warm and cool colors. Phoebe Howard does an amazing job in this sun room by using cool blues and aqua in the larger areas such as the rug and the upholstery and then adding warm accent colors such yellow and orange in the painting.
- Phoebe Howard begins by laying a cooling and soothing blue and white small scale geometric oriental rug. This rug can gives the feeling of a refreshing pond to cool your feet while relaxing and enjoying the sun and the garden views outside.
- Carrying the pond analogy further, aqua cushions on dark wicker sofas and chairs offer a cool place to rest and feel calm.
- The lighting too is calming, and the blue colors make the room feel cooler on hot days. Tall green plants filter the sunlight and connect the sunroom to the garden.
- Carrying the pond metaphor further, the coffee table is a small "island" for resting drinks.
- To bring in just enough warmth, Phoebe Howard chose a still life with yellow, orange and plum tones to warm the color palette just enough.
A room like this allows you to wade slowly into deep serenity while enjoying a wonderful day with friends, or just spend a few quiet hours relaxing.
Sea Island Georgia Style,