For the first time in their history Traditional Home Magazine called upon the top Interior Design Bloggers to nominate their favorite New Traditional Designers out of which the Magazine created the 10 NEW TRAD Designers. There work appears in the first Digital Edition of Traditional Home Magazine. I am very impressed by the 10 NEW TRAD’s modern take on traditional design and many of them made it to my list of the 10 Best Rooms with Decorator Rugs.
If you have not done so already, I highly recommend the new Digital Edition of Traditional Home Magazine. You can view it on any computer. It is fun to flip through the pages by clicking arrows. You can also zoom in to see more detail. Lonny Magazine has already shown the advantages of Digital Magazine and I suspect others will follow Traditional Home with Digital Editions.
I was pleasantly surprised to find several dining rooms among the 10 Best Rooms. This is a refreshing change as dining room are too often lacking in vitality, but it does not have to be this way as the stunning examples below testify.
1. Mara Miller and Jessie Carrier of Carrier and Company create a symphony of warm yellows cool purple, lavender and cream. There is an artful mix of patterns from the large scale leaves in the decorator rug to the medium scale leaves in the art to the small scale print on the upholstered chair fabric.
2. William Wick’s living room is an artful composition of modern and traditional furniture, bold greens and burgundy all pulled together by a cream and coral Oushak rug.
3. A beige geometric decorator rug pulls together pops of hot pinks and lime green on white upholstery balanced by dark wood tones. Note how another seating area has been created in the far end of the room with another decorator rug.
4. A taupe, gray and beige Oushak rug completes this sophisticated dining room. The curve of the dark wood dining chairs sit elegantly on the softly colored decorator rug.
5. Gideon Mendelson chose a cream and beige geometric decorator rug to ground a sectional sofa and upholstered chairs in beautifully rounded shapes. The brown, taupe and moss green color palette is soothing. The abstract painting brings colorful energy.
6. The bold sweeping white pattern on the chocolate brown decorator rug brings powerful energy to the dramatic colorations of chocolate walls trimmed with white with burgundy colored silky upholstery.
7. Melanie Turner introduces energy and movement with a large scale geometric decorator rug in white, gray and black. She mixes it up with an intricate pattern on the bedside table and a large scale zebra fabric on the bench.
8. Grant K. Gibson chose a decorator rug with a contemporary take on the zebra pattern to create lyrical movement in a dining room that has very comfortable traditional dining chairs and dining table. The gray tonal coloration and the contemporary decorator rug gives this beautiful dining room a contemporary feeling even though the furniture is very traditional.
9. Palmer Weiss created a stunning color combination with luminous blue and and orange- brown in this stunning decorator rug that really makes this dining room. The dark blue velvet dining chairs add texture and their curving dark legs play beautifully with the ancient geometric motifs in the decorator rug.
10. Katie Leede has created a beautiful composition with dark and medium blues and a shimmering beaten copper Moroccan table. There is a lyrical interplay between the geometric pattern of the wall covering and circular blue motifs on white in the decorator rug.