Green is the color of nature and we are surrounded by greenery. The 15 inspiring interiors in todays post and the 12 Stunning Interiors with Green Rugs in an earlier post show how leading interior designers decorate with green rugs and green accents. Together these 27 rooms show you how to:
- Create pop with vibrant green rugs
- How to decorate with green rugs as neutrals
- How to use green rugs to add depth and layering to an interior.
- How create a room that is both restful and invigorating with green rugs.
- How to create warmth with the right green rugs and accents.
1. Tobi Fairley shows greens can be used to create a high drama living room. By choosing vibrant shades of greens you can make them pop if you place them against large expanses of white in the sofa, cabinets and the white and green rug.The cream walls and golden ray mirror adds warmth and energy.
2. Meg Braff creates a soothing bedroom with a warm olive green for the walls balanced by a cool blue green rug, bleached wood tones and large expanses of white.
3. Jim Koch Studio creates a sophisticated ambiance by mixing antiques and contemporary furniture on a green rug with a textured damask pattern inspired by a 17th century Italian silk brcode fabric. Gray walls, gray floor and gray upholstery give a contemporary feeling while the weathered wood of the table and copper disk add natural texture.
4. Brad Ford shows how to create a living room that is both restful and energizing. Here green along with white and the metallics are the neutrals. Pop is created by using pink which is green’s opposite on the color wheel.
5. Joseph Kremer uses multiple shades of green to tie togeher four spaces by selecting a patterned green runner rug for the stairs, green rug for the landing and green walls for the dining room and the second floor hallway. The various shades of green serve as neutrals and the white and yellow create pop.
6. Jere Bradwell, European Home Collection creates pop with the vibrant green and yellow patterned needlepoint rug and the yellow wall covering and drapery fabric against the white sofa and panelling. The muted greens of the cabinet, chair and pillow fabrics add layering and depth.
7. Ellen Hamilton uses green as a neutral backdrop and creates pop by contrasting white against brown. The brown rug’s white pattern and the sofa fabric’s brown and white geometric pattern create energetic movement against the calming green backdrop of the wall.
8. Amanda Nisbet shows how to create a calming space for reading or just resting. Yellow green walls and drapes are comforting while the blue green rug and print are energizing. The white daybed’s green piping enhances the soothing effect.
9. Hendrix and Allardyce chose a green Bessarabian rug with red and cream to anchor tans and browns in the leather upholstered French armchairs, ottoman, coffee table and bookcase to create a stately living room.
10. Jim Koch Studio mixes antique and contemporary elements to create an fashionable living room vignette with the Asmara Medici Savonnerie rug. The damask pattern of this green rug has hundreds of shades ranging from yellow greens to blue green. The sea blue walls, floor and accents balance the warm yellow greens.
11. Jill Morris’s library and map room is anchored by a multicolored rug with green, brown, blue and gold accents. The cool green of the wall and the blue accents are balanced by the warm golds of the mirror and picture frames and the globe.
12. Meg Braff chartreuse walls, large expanses of white and popping yellow upholstered chairschairs welcome the morning sun into this invigorating bedroom. The plush white rug adds acomfort and texture.
13. Meg Braff balances warm olive green walls with a cool green rug, brown wood tones and white furniture and accessories to create a home office area that is both calming and invigorating. Texrual interest is added by the white mirror frame and the cut and loop green rug.
14. Kathryn Waltzer library and home office has green walls, white wood work. She creates pop by using a coral rug- coral is opposite of green in the color wheel.
15. Ferguson & Shamamian’s elegant traditional library is anchored on a cream and green needlepoint rug with intricate floral and geometric medallions that echo the marquetry in the desk and the pattern and shape of the vaulted ceiling and furniture.