The 17 interiors below are not only exceptionall beauiful, they will help you visualize the 7 tips for decorating with geometric rugs.
7 Tips for Decorating with Geometric Rugs.
1. You can create very different looks with the same small scale geometric rug, as the first five interiors demonstrate.
2. Choose geometric rugs with strong high contrast colors for rooms that have deep colors and strong patterns such as the interiors by Celerie Kemble, Eileen Kathryn Boyd, Kelly Wearstler, Jere Bradwell and Martyn Lawrence Bullard.
3. Choose soft tonal grey geometric rugs if you desire maximum flexibility in showcasing cool colors.
4. Chose warmly colored geometric rugs to create a warmly inviting space such as Lisa Torbett’s living room design in image 15.
5. Use the texture of geometric rugs to help you achieve the feeling tone you desire for the room.
6. Choose geometric rugs in soft tonal colors when you desire a calmer mood.
7. Choose geometric rugs with high contrast colors when when you wish to add energy and movement to a room.
1. Mario Buatta chose a geometric rug with a soft tonal pattern in greys to serve as a neutral canvas to bring out the beauty of the sorbet colored fabrics and walls. Natural light from the tall windows adds to the cheerful ambience and airy feeling. Image courtesy joeruggiero blog.
2. Jeffrey Bilhuber chose a similar small scale geometric rug in tonal beiges in silk and wool to produce a modern high energy living room with pops of coral and tan. Mario Buatta and Jeffrey Bilhuber show how you can create very different looks with small scale geometric rugs. Image courtesy Jeffrey Bilhuber.
3. Mario Buatta shows how to mix patterns and create drama by painting the walls a deep eggplant in contrast to the pale tonal blues of the small scale geometric rug. Image courtesy Architectural Digest.
4. Kendall Wilkinson chose a geometric rug with small scale geometric pattern in grey and white to show off purple colored fabrics and soft green walls. Dark wood tones add warmth. Image courtesy the chinoiseriechic blog.
4A. Kendall Wilkinson. Another view of the living room shows how Wilkinson painted the dining room walls a soft purple to tie in with the colors in the living room. Note how the fireplace is painted a soft grey to harmonize with the decorative rug . Image courtesy the chinoiseriechic blog.
5. Meg Braff’s airy light filled living room in cool blues and white sits magically on a a soft grey geometric rug with a small scale tonal pattern. Image courtesy Meg Braff on Facebook.
6. Celerie Kemble created an exotic and luxurious bedroom seating area with cream silk velvet upholstery, jewel toned blue and rose pillows and black lampshades all anchored by an intricate, high contrast black and white small scale geometric rug. Image courtesy Lonny Magazine
7. Eileen Kathryn Boyd’s high energy fuchsia, black, white and brown dining room masterfully mixes patterns and colors on a brown and white small scale geometric rug. Image courtesy Lonny Magazine.
8. Madeline Stuart chose a coral, tangerine and beige small scale geometric rug as the the canvas to create an Indian fantasy in this Los Angeles living room. Image courtesy Elle Decor.
9. John Fowler painted a large scale geometric rug pattern in green and cream for the London bedroom of Pauline de Rothschild in the 1970’s proving that the best classic rugs are always in style. Image courtesy Architectural Digest.
10. Albert Hadley had a large scale geometric rug pattern painted in soft tonal greys to hold the sculptural brass based tables and the vibrant blue 1960s tapestry by Marc Saint-Saëns. Image courtesy Elle Decor.
11. Sara Story’s cool Crosby Street apartment benefits from the movement created by the large scale geometric rug in grey and white. The dark purple sofa has a soft curving back that plays well with the square outlines of the chair and ottoman and the curves in the decorative rug. Note the similarity between the patterns of this decorative rug and John Fowler’s 1970’s painted floor. Yet these two rooms evoke very different aesthetics.
12. Jeffrey Bilhuber modernizes tradition with a floor painted in a large scale geometrc rug pattern in soft tonal greys. The lacquered coral ceiling and brass nail heads on the wall are Jeffrey Bilhuber signatures. Image courtesy Elle Decor.
13. Kelly Wearstler chose a large scale geometric rug in high contrast colors of black on rose to hold together the exotic mix of hand painted Japanese wall panels, Chinese carved tables and black patterned ceiling. The smooth and soft texture of the decorative rug gives this dining room a feeling of elegance and comfort. Image courtesy Lonny Magazine.
14. Lisa Torbett Interiors created an elegant Sea Island Georgia living room on a custom colored Asmara Chipping decorative rug in a large scale geometric pattern in green, tan and white. Image courtesy Lisa Torbett Interiors.
15. Lisa Torbett Interiors’s Sea Island Georgia family room has a classic elegance and an inviting warmth due to the beige and white medium scale geometric rug by Asmara and the refined wood tones. Sky blue accessories reflect the gorgeous ocean views from the windows.
16. Jere Bradwell of European Home Collection created a highly successful showhouse room on a green and white medium scale geometric needlepoint rug by Asmara. Image courtesy European Home Collection.
17. Martyn Lawrence Bullard channels Morocco with deep yellows, blue and chocolate brown on a deep pile Moroccan rug in a medium scale geometric patten in brown and cream. The yellow ceiling and the patterned walls accentuate the exotic atmosphere in this media room. Image courtesy Martyn Lawrence Bullard.