The 20 interiors with decorative rugs in the 2014 Kips Bay Show House tell a story about the desires and fantasies of New York’s top 0.1%. But do these cutting edge interiors tell us anything about what the rest of the country likes? One way to find out is to visit Pinterest and see which Kips Bay rooms get pinned most often as these are the interiors that will be emulated in the future. I did some research, and here are the 7 most highly pinned Kips Bay interiors on Pinterest.
1. The top spot was won by this amateur photo of the kitchen designed by Matthew Quinn for the Kips Bay show house. It outranked the professional photographs taken by the New York Times and Architectural Digest. Blue and white cabinets and gray floors are warmed by dark wood drawers and a beige and brown geometric rug.
2. The second most pinned image is also an amateur photo. It shows the sitting area of the bedroom designed by Edward Lobrano. A professional picture by the New York Times showing the rest of the bedroom cane far behind at number 6. A herringbone pattern geometric rug anchors a side table, fluted mirror and upholstered bench.
3. A vignette from Alexa Hampton’s Moroccan themed sitting room shows a masterful mix of multiple intricate patterns in tones of purple, green, gold and blue all pulled together by a beige Irish matting rug by Crosby Street Studio. Another view of this room was ranked at 7.
4. British kitchen cabinet designer Christopher Peacock’s designed an eye catching ladies dressing room in several shades of pink and pulled the room together with a pink and green geometric carpet. Image by Architectural Digest.
5. This amateur photograph of Christopher Peacock’s pink dressing was pinned almost as often as the professional photo by Architectural Digest.
6. Here is The New York Times photo of the Edward Lobrano designed bedroom in the 2014 Kips Bay Show House. Beige and brown floral and geometric patterned fabrics on a traditional four poster bed are complemented by a grey herringbone pattern geometric rug.
7. A red plaid blanket warmly welcomes you to relax on a daybed upholstered in a green geometric print in this beautiful corner of the sitting room designed by Alexa Hampton. Purple and white Moroccan style window treatments and beige Irish matting carpet from Crosby Street Studio create an atmosphere that feels exotic and comforting at the same time.