The July 2016 Architectural Digest features Suzzane Kasler’s stunning blue and white interiors in a Maine house she designed with architect Les Cole. These rooms combine summer relaxation in such a fresh and glamorous style, it inspired me to search out more examples of summery rooms with blue rugs. I could think of no better place than the past issues of House Beautiful. I hope you enjoy this selection.
1. A cobalt blue and cream geometric rug adds energy and pulls together blue and white fabrics in the living room of a house in Port Clyde, Maine by designer Suzanne Kasler and architect Les Cole.
Left to right: Ascot CB and Kirov CB handmade rugs have complementary shades of cobalt and porcelain blues on cream and white backgrounds. The colors are true because the rugs are not washed with chemicals. Click here to request samples. Rug Designs © Asmara, Inc.
2. A sofa and chair upholstered in a large scale blue and white ikat fabric are pulled together by a blue and white Greek key rug in a chic living room designed by Ann Wolf.
The Sigma 1804 BC Oriental rug is handmade with Himalayan handspun wool in a luxurious cut and loop texture and is not washed with chemicals. Rug Design © Asmara, Inc.
3. Red accents pop against white linen and blue geometric rug in an eye catching bedroom in a Charlotte, North Carolina house designed by Lindsay Coral Harper.
4. A blue white patterned wallcovering and yellow throw are anchored by a blue rug in a stylish bedroom in a suburban New York home designed by Gideon Mendelson.
Bombay 1325CBL Needlepoint rug is handmade with handspun Himalayan wool without use of chemical washes. Rug Design © Asmara, Inc.
5. Moroccan accents are balanced by an intricate blue rug in the bedroom of a Lake Michigan house designed by Martin Horner of Soucie Horner.
6. A handsome stone fireplalce, white linen drapes trimmed with cobalt blue and a bold blue and white flatweave rug bring style and energy to the enclosed porch of the Maine house by Suzanne Kasler and Les Cole.
7. A needlepoint rug with soft blues defines the seating area of a traditional bedroom designed by Scott Sanders.
8. A texture cobalt blue and white striped rug adds flair to the boys room in the Maine house by Suzanne Kasler and Les Cole.