Interior design Kelly Behun is being honored as a Star on the Rise at next weeks New York D&D’s 2012 Fall Market.
Kelly Behun’s amazing interiors have exceptionally beautiful contemporary rugs, often with asymmetrical and irregular patterns. Behun offers insights into her decorating philosophy through with several intriguing quotes that appear on her beautiful website. I found these two most revealing:
Image courtesy Kelly Behun.
Image courtsy Kelly Behun.
It was hard to choose just 8 out Kelly Behun many amazing interiors with contemporary rugs. To see more visit her website.
1. An asymmetrical grey and blue sunburst patterned contemporary rug energizes the living room in Ivanka Trump’s Park Avenue Penthouse designed by Kelly Behun. An artful mix of Contemporary, Art Deco and African art inform the furniture and accessories. Image courtesy Kelly Behun Studio.
2. An elegant grey silk contemporary rug provides soothing calm to Ivanka Trump’s bedroom. A black and white bedside cabinet, Art Deco stools and fur throw add layering and interest. Image courtesy Elle Decor.
3. The brown and white geometric rug introduces the dynamism of African art to this Midtown Pied-A-Terre by Kelly Behun. Image courtesy Kelly Behun Studio.
4. The brown and white animal print rug provides a rich backdrop for the straight and curved lines of the white and brown contemporary furniture and art in this stunning living room in a Central Park West Apartment by Kelly Behun. Image courtesy Kelly Behun Studio.
5. Irregularity patterned Kuba textile pillow and brown and white geometric rug echo the organic shape of the tree trunk coffee table. This irregularity is balanced by the symmetry of the remaining elements in this Greenwich Village living room. Image courtesy Kelly Behun Studio.
6. The irregularly curving rainbow colored stripes of the contemporary rug meet straight stripes on the sofa and sing with the colorful African and Moroccan furniture in this magical child’s world in a New York penthouse. Image courtesy Kelly Behun Studio.
7. A blue, taupe and cream Kilim inspired geometric rug embellishes the blue and grey color scheme in the den of Ivanka Trump’s Park Avenue penthouse. Image courtesy Elle Decor.
8. A white tone on tone zig zag patterned silk rug resting on a black lacquer floor brings subtle drama and energy to this Midtown pied-à-terre by Kelly Behun. Image courtesy Kelly Behun Studio.