My picks of the 10 best fall interiors on Pinterest feature several different styles of decorative rugs. In each case the rug is the key element that gives the room a distinctive personality and offers a warm welcome to friends and family during fall and winter gatherings.
1. Nothing would make this glamorous dining room feel more welcoming than this coral, gold and beige Oushak rug. Coral drapes warm the scenic windows and the pearlized ceiling multiplies the reflections from the chandelier. Source: Pinterest Rugs for Colorful Interiors via MANHATTAN GLAMOUR.
2. The gold and rose tones in the French Aubusson style needlepoint rug bring an inviting warmth to Kate Spade’s Manhattan living room. There is a wonderful mix of periods and styles ranging from the contemporary black and white painting to the black Chinoiserie coffee table, French chairs and black and red Ikat floor cushions. Source: Pinterest Needlepoint Rugs Style via vignette-ology.
3. The coral and orange contemporary rug enhances the enjoyment of the greenery while bringing a feeling a warmth on a foggy fall morning. The orange pillows and yellow wood tones add layering to the orange tones. Source: Pinterest Origins in Nature Rugs via Decor.
4. A grey Oushak rug with gold, beige and brown heightens the yellows, chartreuse greens, oranges and reds in the fabrics and furniture. This colorful living room will bring cheer throughout the fall and winter. Pinterest Rugs for Colorful Interiors via bhg.com
5. A grey wool and silk contemporary rug has rounded motifs that echoe the circular red and white pattern in the pillow and the curves in the Art deco chair. A black and white abstract painting adds depth to the greys in the rug, wall, fabrics and table top. Red table lamps red stripes in the drapery create pops of warmth. Source: Pinterest Rugs for Colorful Interiors via Living Rooms.
6. Shimmering gold stone walls complement a cream and gold Oushak rug. The wood floor and ceiling add warmth while the mix of shapes, textures, materials, and styles has a classical, yet modern sophistication. This living room was designed by John Saladino who once said “I see furnishings firstly as geometry – as squares, cubes, drums, triangles, and rectangles, which also happen to be sofas, chairs, tables, lamps, and paintings.” Source: Pinterest Paris Style Rugs via John Saladino.
7. An optical patterned geometric rug in cream, brown and blue heightens energy in this living room which has a heady mix of modern, Art deco and neoclassical furniture. The blue Art deco chair picks up the blue tones in the rug and the pink and gold parchment wall covering introduces a pleasing tension. Source: Pinterest Rugs for Colorful Interiors via Living Rooms.
8. The rose and coral contemporary wool rug introduces much needed softness warmth to the straight lines of this mountain living room. The dark wood floor reflects the glow from the fire. The tone on tone plaid pattern in the rug resonates with the geometry of the large windows. Source: Pinterest Rugs for Colorful Interiors via Interior Design.
9. A coral and grey Oushak rug ties together the coral, grey and black furniture, fabrics and wall covering in this handsome dining room that mixes Chinoiserie dining chairs with an Art Deco dining table. Source: Pinterest Dining Room Rugs via Dining Rooms.
10. The orange and coral accents in the taupe and beige Oushak rug pull together the orange and golds in the fabrics and the weathered whites in the neoclassical table and chairs. The floor is painted a shade of greyish white blending with the rug. This heightens the theatrical effect. Source: Pinterest Decorating with Oushak Rugs via Cote de Texas Blog.