The most beautiful Art Deco rugs are also the simplest. I have avoided the over embellished in selecting these 12 favorite Art Deco interiors. I hope you will enjoy looking at them and they spark ideas for your interior design work.
1. Art Deco rug with coral and cream. French interior designer Jean-Louis Deniot designed this ethereal bedroom in an apartment in Chicago. Image courtesy Jean-Louis Deniot.
2. A black and grey round Art Deco rug inspired by neoclassical marble floors forms the centerpiece of a Paris living room on the Rue De Buenos Aires by interior designer Jean-Louis Deniot. Image courtesy Jean-Louis Deniot.
It is fascinating to see a round rug almost in a rectangular space. Deniot has created an feeling of intimacy and stylishness at the same time.
3. Ferguson & Shamamian designed this incredibly beautiful Art Deco living room in The Beresford in New York around an Art Deco rug in light and medium grey and brown, reminiscent of Andre Arbus. Image courtesy Ferguson & Shamamian.
The curved sofas, white arm chairs and coffee table each have elegant sculptural qualities that complement the art deco rug. The neoclassical bench hints at the classical inspiration of art deco designs.
4. Jean-Louis Deniot created another elegant Art Deco rug in pale grey and black for the dining room of the apartment in Chicago. I am enchanted by the simplicity of Denoit’s art deco rugs. A cabinet containing yellow and coral porcelain set against a lemon yellow wall creates a pop of warm vibrant color. Image courtesy Jean-Louis Deniot
5. The library in the apartment on Rue De Buenos Aires in Paris designed by Jean-Louis Deniot has a charcoal grey and cream Andre Arbus inspired Art Deco rug. Note the similarity with the art deco rug in image 6 below. Image courtesy Jean-Louis Deniot
6. A white and grey Art Deco rug in an Andre Arbus design creates a cozy space around the day bed in a Jean-Louis Deniot designed Paris apartment on Avenue D’eylau. The grey walls and ceiling with white trim create an intimate space. Image courtesy Jean-Louis Deniot
7. Jean-Louis Deniot designed this elegant curving hall runner Art Deco rug with the simple, but elegant reference to art deco design with an elegant Greek-key border with an irregular drawing. The orange trim pops against the blue curving wall and adds warmth. The black sculptural arm chairs recall a graceful ballet.This hallway is in the Blvd St Germain apartment. Image courtesy Jean-Louis Deniot
8. For the bedroom of a Paris apartment on Rue Palatine, Jean-Louis Deniot designed this elegant and simple Greek key bordered Art Deco rug in ivory and and dark grey-taupe. Image courtesy Jean-Louis Deniot
9. Jean-Louis Deniot took a highly original design approach for this sophisticated and elegant living room in a ranch in Aspen, Colorado. An Art Deco rug with coral, yellow, brown, cream and jade green adds energy and color. The arching ceiling architecture is anchored by the pattern of the art deco rug. Image courtesy Jean-Louis Deniot
10. An Art Deco rug with concentric grey ripples on a cream ground reminiscent of a Jean Michel Frank art deco rug design sets just the right tone in this Jean-Louis Deniot designed bedroom in an Art Deco New Delhi, City House that was published in Architectural Digest. Image courtesy Jean-Louis Deniot.
11. An irregular shaped Art Deco rug in red and grey sits on a polished dark brown wood floor and to create a stylish library seating area in a round room with high windows in a Jean-Louis Deniot designed New Delhi House. Image courtesy 1st dibbs.
12. Architect Thierry Despont designed this elegant Art Deco rug in brown, tan and cream for the bar of the 45 Park Lane hotel in London. The square and rectangular motifs in the art deco rug add dynamic energy and resonate with the yellow, orange and coral seating. Image courtesy Architectural Digest.