1. David-Hicks showroom in Paris. A purple geometric rug in a David Hicks pattern creates high drama with furniture, accessories and artwork in fuchsia, reddish-pink, pinkish-purple and orange. The toffee beige walls and orange accents make the room feel warm and inviting. Image courtesy the habituallychic blog.
2. Amy Fine Collins. In the writer and fashion muse’s Park Avenue living room, the scrolled back Lucite chair with purple seat was designed for Helena Rubenstein. One of the decorative rugs is attributed to the early 20th century Parisian fashion designer Paul Poiret. The purple in the chair and the decorative rug are balanced by yellow walls and orange accents in the decorative rug and chair. Elle Decor image via thepeakofchic.blog.
Detail from a Paul Poiret decorative rug made in France in 1927 and offered for sale on 1st dibbs. The purple colors in the decorative rug are balanced by a warm yellow and orange. Image courtesy 1st. dibbs.
3. Jamie Drake designed a round decorative rug with a dark purple background balanced by circles in orange and gold. Green, blue and lavender expand the color palette which is carried through to the walls, furniture and accessories, see image below. Image courtesy Drake Design.
3A. Jamie Drake. The cool colors of the purple decorative rug are balanced by lots of warm orange and yellow in the furniture and walls. The white ceiling adds freshness. Image courtesy Drake Design.
4. Rafael de Cárdenas chose a pale lilac decorative rug and selected different shades of purple for everything else in the room and the darkest purple for the ottoman. Image courtesy Elle Decor.
5. MMR Interiors. The lilac upholstered chairs and sofa are balanced by a warm gold decorative rug and tan draperies. A white ottoman adds freshness. Large areas of gold and tan make this living room feel inviting. Image courtesy MMR Interiors.
6. Jorge Almada and Anne-Marie Midy’s living room in their Brussels townhouse has a grey geometric rug which supports a purple sofa and purple walls. Pillows in many shades of purple, red and white add variety. The reds and browns provide warmth and the white mirror frame and ceiling provide a refreshing contrast. Image courtesy Elle Decor.
7. Amy Fine Collins’s dining room in her Park Avenue, New York apartment has a purple, pink, white and yellow decorative rug reminiscent of Emilio Pucci. Elle Decor image via thepeakofchic.blog.
8. Jeffrey Bilhuber designed this library for Jenny and Trey Laird’s house near Gracie mansion that was built by the Astors. The grey decorative rug supports a purple upholstered chair and purple book cases. The brown chair and yellow and black tiger print on the ottoman balance the cool purples. Image courtesy Architectural Digest.
9. Jeffrey Bilhuber designed Jenny and Trey Laird’s New York living room on a warm beige abaca rug on which he placed furniture and accessories in purple, yellow, blue, green and dark brown. Image courtesy Architectural Digest.
10. Alex Papachristidis and Alan Orenbuch designed this beautiful room for Alex’s niece. Purple walls are balanced by furniture and accessories in sea blue, green, orange, pink and brilliant blue. The round rugs have a mixture of purple, green and yellow. Image courtesy Elle Decor.