- Phoebe Howard begins by laying a cooling and soothing blue and white small scale geometric oriental rug. This rug can gives the feeling of a refreshing pond to cool your feet while relaxing and enjoying the sun and the garden views outside.
- Carrying the pond analogy further, aqua cushions on dark wicker sofas and chairs offer a cool place to rest and feel calm.
- The lighting too is calming, and the blue colors make the room feel cooler on hot days. Tall green plants filter the sunlight and connect the sunroom to the garden.
- Carrying the pond metaphor further, the coffee table is a small “island” for resting drinks.
- To bring in just enough warmth, Phoebe Howard chose a still life with yellow, orange and plum tones to warm the color palette just enough.
A room like this allows you to wade slowly into deep serenity while enjoying a wonderful day with friends, or just spend a few quiet hours relaxing.
Phoebe Howard used the hand spun wool textured Sigma 1804BC oriental rug in blue and white for the Sun Room.
If you like the room to feel warmer you can use a gold rug with a small scale geometric pattern and and balance the warm rug with cool blue drapes and pillows and green plants as in this living room by Phoebe Howard.
Sigma 1804 EA oriental rug in gold and beige is handmade with hand spun wool.
The family room has a cobalt blue and white striped oriental rug with a wonderful texture.