Pinterest’s 7 top family rooms offer 7 valuable insights on how to choose decorative rugs that will bring chic looks as well as warmth and intimacy to your interiors.
1. A blue decorative rug will bring warmth to a seating area and a pop of color to a neutral living room, as in this design by Aparicio Associates.
2. A red oriental rug paired with blue and white gingham upholstery will evoke warm memories and a feeling of intimacy in an open plan space as in this family room by Michael S. Smith.
“I think you can be comfortable in a room that has no pattern, but it requires more effort,” Michael S. Smith told House Beautiful, “I think pattern is a shortcut to emotion. It has all these memories, of a place or a period or a particular dress your mother wore,”
3. A custom rug with an over scale Kelly Weasrtler blue and white geometric pattern will bring chic energy to a contemporary family room.
4. A custom brown decorative rug with a distinctive black and white “lane marker” pattern can bring order and distinction to stylish objects, as in Carolina Herrera, Jr.’s New York living room.
5. A striped rug will bring order and warmth as in Nate Berkus’s chic New York living room.
7. A geometric rug with an organic pattern will bring warmth and balance the linear architecture of a contemporary living room.
Images courtesy Architectural Digest, Pinterest and Domino.